Monday, January 22, 2007

This morning I got up and started to get ready for work. I had even decided what I was going to wear, when all of the sudden, I felt a little light-headed. No big deal, it passed as soon as it had come on. But, it was long enough for me to think of all of the things that I needed to get done at work today, and to convince myself that there wasn't any of it that couldn't be put off 'til tomorrow, and I called in sick (and tired). I then proceeded to sleep in until 11:30! It was fabulous! I felt 110% when I actually got up. I had 101 things that I could have done around my house while I was home today, and I did not do ONE of them. Oh wait, I take that back, I had a sink full of stinky, dirty dishes that I finally did tonight around nine p.m. So, it wasn't a total waste of a day. PLUS, there is a lot to be said for getting some extra rest. I can go back to work tomorrow all ready to face the work week, just like I was planning on doing this morning when I first got up, but now, it is just one day closer to Friday!

Also, I had a little "conversation" with Erik, who is presently in Juarez, MX. He sent me a me a text message, that wasn't really to me, it was to a "friend" named Alissa, asking me about how my business trip was. To my relief, it just made me chuckle. I didn't feel bad at all. I have known things were over for a while now, and had even given myself permission to go on a couple of dates, but still didn't really want to say out loud that things were over until we had at least talked about it. Once he realized what he had done, (which was before I actually forwarded the message back to him, telling him that I thought it was meant for someone else), he had sent me another text apologizing that it was to another "friend". (the one he had stayed with in Cali, just as I had suspected!) I wrote him back and said, "no worries, we all have "friends". He sent me a smile, and then another text saying, "Hopefully yours lives within 50 miles of you" I told him, "Yes, THEY are." Then he asked if I was dating much, so I told him that I had been. He told me that a girl he likes is moving to another part of Mexico. Boo hoo! Anyways. I guess that is that. Two years. Done. Ok, I must admit, that makes me a little sad. No grande finale, just him going to freaking MEXICO to possibly work (El Paso) and live. Where the HELL did that come from? Ah well... maybe he can find a fill doctor whom he can go and bug every other day, (and still not lose any weight) and a nice little chica to settle down with, so she can get her green card, and they will live happily ever after. What did I ever hope to get from him? I am a dork! But he is a bigger dork!

On to better and better things! : ) Starting with dinner on Wednesday with Park City Eric. : ) Spelled with a "c".

1 comment:

Dunlap said...

You rock. You are so open and honest, that is what I love about you. He has no idea how great his life could have been....except he would of just dragged you down...Love you sis.

About Me

My photo
I am a killer softball player, and I have a spontaneous soul. I love to walk outside in my socks, I think because we were all told when we were young to not go outside in our socks, and now I buy my own socks. Some of the simple things in life that bring a quick, easy smile to my face are: finding a funky new font, little shoots of green pushing their way through the dirt in spring, driving through BIG, DEEP puddles and putting Bugles Snacks on my fingers and pretending that I have long fingernails.

Good News

What an Amazing View!

What an Amazing View!
the top of that peak in the background, is where I am standing in the next picture!

I'm up on top of the world...

I'm up on top of the world...
That is Machu Picchu way small in the background!

one more of Machu Picchu

one more of Machu Picchu
there is that peak that I climbed in the background again