Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I just have to brag a bit. I am currently on my second week of getting up in the morning to exercise! Day six!!! Actually, if you count softball practice and working in my flower beds on Saturday, it is SEVEN days. Well done me! ; ) I am really, really enjoying it. I bought the Turbo Jam DVDs and it is reallt fun. Kind of like Tae Bo, but a little more dancy. I think I am finally over feeling uncoordinated, and in my head, I almost look like the gals on the TV. I record the TV show Starting Over every morning, and usually by the weekend I have taken the time to watch all of the episodes. A couple of the women on the show have weight issues, and one of them who is in the house and is trying to lose weight as one of her goals, kept refusing to get on the scale, and went on and on about how it is "just a number". She ended up getting into it with her life coach, and the life coach basically told her that she wasn't committed, and that her life was never going to change until she could keep commitments WITH HERSELF. For some reason, that really struck me. I can make all of the excuses that I want about why I am where I am physically, but the bottom line is, I don't keep my commitments to myself. Commitments about exercise, eating, sleeping, cleaning, pretty much everything! Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled with where I am, and I love who I am, BUT I want to be better, I want to be healthy, I don't want the word obese ANYWHERE in ANY physical description of me! At least I am not considered morbidly obese anymore, just obese. :) Who would have ever thought that would bring a smile to my face? Next week I have a "yearly" exam (it has been 3 years since I have been in) with Dr. Bitner. He is the doctor that recommended me for my LapBand surgery. I think that has also been a catalyst in getting my butt in gear, because I know I will have to weigh when I go, and I want it to look as good as possible! : )

1 comment:

Amber said...

I love Starting Over- it's "Mom's show" every morning at 10! LOL It's so great. I want my own Life Coach. I think it's funny that you would talk about Jodi and her self commitment problems because that hit somthing with me too. I don't know that I've applied any of what they talked about but it hit a chord anyways...
I'm SO happy that you've blogged some more!! -Amber

About Me

My photo
I am a killer softball player, and I have a spontaneous soul. I love to walk outside in my socks, I think because we were all told when we were young to not go outside in our socks, and now I buy my own socks. Some of the simple things in life that bring a quick, easy smile to my face are: finding a funky new font, little shoots of green pushing their way through the dirt in spring, driving through BIG, DEEP puddles and putting Bugles Snacks on my fingers and pretending that I have long fingernails.

Good News

What an Amazing View!

What an Amazing View!
the top of that peak in the background, is where I am standing in the next picture!

I'm up on top of the world...

I'm up on top of the world...
That is Machu Picchu way small in the background!

one more of Machu Picchu

one more of Machu Picchu
there is that peak that I climbed in the background again